Trekking Jetim Bel
Season: June – September
Scheme of the programme
Day 1. International flight to Bishkek. Meet at Airport in Bishkek. Transfer to the hotel. Rest. Afternoon city sightseeing tour of Bishkek: Philharmonic Society, Ala-Too Square, Victory Square, Handicraft Shops, Osh bazaar, Fine Arts Museum. Meals: No
Day 2. Transfer Bishkek – Sary-Bulak (410km, approx. 8 hours drive) by truck bus. Set up base camp at the confluence of the rivers of Kara Soz and Balgart. Acclimatization. Overnight in tents at an altitude of 2800-2900m. Meals: B L D
Day 3-4. Two days of trekking to Teshik-Kol Lake (3504m) along the Kara-Kaman and Ichke-Tor rivers. Low grade, altitudes during the day vary from 2800m to 3500m. Trekking distance is 30 km, 5-6 hours of hiking per day. During this part of the itinerary it is not possible for the truck to drive the same route as the hikers. The vehicle will take a different route and meet the group 2 days later in the area of Teshik-Kol Lake. About 5km from the lake are the Jyly-Suu hot springs. The group spend a day of rest near the hot springs. Meals: B L D
Day 5. Rest day. Transfer by car to the area of the Jetim Bel range along Jyly-Suu and Burkan rivers (60 km, off-road, about 8-9 hours of driving). Camp in the area of Murza burial ground. Meals: B L D
Day 6. Transfer by vehicle along the Burkan river to the Ara-Bel pass (42 km). Easy climbing to the summits located in the area. Approach, ascent and descent of one peak takes about 6 hours. For ascent clients need rope, crampons, ice axes and trekking poles. Option: The group can spend 2-3 days more in the area of the Jetim Bel Range for circular treks and ascents of peaks. There are several glacial summits of about 4000m in altitude that are located close to the road in this area. Meals: B L D
Day 7. Transfer and hiking from the Ara-Bel pass to Ekurgon-Kol Lake crossing the Sary-Tor pass (4050m), a distance of 18km. When trekking close to the lake there is no truck support. Camp in the area of Lake Ekurgon-Kol. Meals: B L D
Day 8. Transfer by vehicle to the Ara Bel valley (52 km, 2-3 hours drive). Drive through the Suyok pass (4021 km). Day of rest with optional hiking. Overnight in tents near the lake. Meals: B L D
Day 9. 8 hours of trekking to Juuku river (35km), crossing the Juuku pass (3633m). The vehicle cannot drive in this area and meets the group in the Juuku valley. Meals: B L D
Day 10. Transfer to Tamga village. Rest on the beach of Issyk-Kul Lake. Overnight in Guest House. Meals: B L D
Day 11. After breakfast transfer to Bishkek (300km) via Burana Tower. Overnight in the hotel. 3* Hotel, Meals: B – –
Day 12. Check-out. Transfer to Airport. Departure by international flight. Meals: B – –
B –Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner
Group of 4 people – USD 1550 per person
Group of 5 people – USD 1195 per person
Group of 6 people – USD 1190 per person
Group of 7 people – USD 1085 per person
Group of 8 people – USD 1055 per person
Group of 10 people – USD 1025 per person
Single supplement for accommodation in Bishkek and Tamga is USD 111 per person per programme.
*Prices for other size groups available on request, please contact us.
Prices include the following services:
- English speaking trekking guide.
- Cook for trek.
- Workman for groups of 6 or more people.
- Twin bedroom accommodation in the 3* Hotel in Bishkek (3 nights).
- Twin bedroom accommodation in Guest House in Tamga (1 nights).
- Trekking tents.
- Meals: according to the programme itinerary: Full board during the trek, Breakfasts in the Hotel in Bishkek and Guest House in Tamga.
- Land transport by cross country vehicle as stated in the programme description.
- Excursions and entrance fees.
Additional services available at extra cost:
- Kyrgyz visa fee (if required) – USD 50 per person.
- Lunches and/or Dinners in Bishkek and cafe en-route – approx. USD 10-15 per person.
- Porter service – USD 360 per porter per programme.
- Trekking shoes
- Trekking poles
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Sunblock cream
- Tourists must have a medical insurance policy with coverage of USD 40 000 per person.
- Each porter carries 20kg of commercial weight. Any additional weight in excess of this will be charged at a rate of USD 3 per 1kg.