Trekking in Terskey Ala-Too
Season: July –September
Scheme of the programme
Day 1. International flight to Bishkek. Met at the airport in Bishkek. Transfer to the hotel. Rest. Afternoon city sightseeing tour in Bishkek: Philharmonic Society, Ala-Too Square, Victory Square, Handicraft Shops, Osh bazaar, Fine Arts Museum. Accommodation in the 3*Hotel. Meals: No
Day 2. Transfer to Karakol (400km, 6 hours drive). Overnight in Guest House. Meals:B – –
Day 3. Transfer to Jety-Oguz Gorge (30km). Trek up the Valley of Flowers, trekking towards the Teleti Pass. Overnight in tents. Meals: B L D
Day 4. Continue trekking along the Teleti gorge, over the Teleti Pass (3759m). This takes approximately 4 hours. It is then another 3-4 hours descent down into the Karakol valley. Camp in the gorge over night with stunning views of the steep sided mountains lining the gorge. Meals: B L D
Day 5. Trek down the Karakol Gorge to the shelter at Sirota (2800m), then branch East for about a 2 hours climb up a small tributary valley (Kurgak-Ter gorge) towards Ala-Kol Lake. Camp next to a little lake near the alpine shelter. Meals: B L D
Day 6. Trek up to the Ala-Kol Lake. Trek from Ala-Kol Lake over the Ala-Kol pass (3860m). There are incredible views from this pass. The descent (2 hours) starts with a short steep section, but then eases as you descend into the Keldike Gorge (approximately 8 hours total trekking time). Water is available from streams along the route. Tent Camp. Meals:B L D
Day 7. A 3 hour trek down into the Altyn Arashan Gorge. Visit to Altyn Arashan (‘Golden Spring’) hot springs with water temperatures of 40-45° where it is possible to swim. Vehicle meets group for transfer to Karakol. Overnight in Guest House. Meals: B L D
Day 8. Transfer to Lake Issyk-Kul (180km, 2.5 hours drive). On the way visit to pethroglyphs, an open air collection of stones with ancient inscriptions. Overnight in accommodation on the beach of Issyk-Kul Lake. Meals: B L D
Day 9. Transfer to Bishkek (260km, 4 hours). On the way visit the Burana Tower, an architectural monument of the Great Silk Road dating back to the XII Century. Overnight in Hotel. Meals: B L D
Day 10. Check-out. Transfer to Airport. Departure by international flight. Meals: B – –
B –Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner
Group of 2 people – USD 1675 per person
Group of 4 people – USD 1265 per person
Group of 5 people – USD 1080 per person
Group of 6 people – USD 1020 per person
Group of 7 people – USD 940 per person
Group of 8 people – USD 865 per person
Single supplement – USD 75 per person per programme (in Bishkek only)
*Prices for other size groups available on request, please contact us.
Prices include the following services:
- Mountain Guide for trekking.
- Cook for trek.
- Porters to carry food and kitchen utensils only
- Transfers to the Gorges by Cross Country vehicle
- Twin bedroom accommodation in the Hotels and Guest Houses as mentioned above.
- Meals: according to the programme.
- Airport transfers and transport: -Minivan for groups of up to 4 people – Minibus for groups of 5 – 10 people.
- Transfers to the Gorges by Cross Country vehicle.
Excursions and entrance fees.
Additional services available at extra cost:
- Porter service to carry personal belongings – USD 240 per porter per programme.
- Lunches and/or Dinners in Bishkek in restaurant – from USD 12 per person per meal.
- Use of swimming pool at hot spring in Altyn-Arashan Gorge – USD 4 per person.
- Accommodation in four or five star hotel in Bishkek – available on request, prices on request.
- Trekking shoes
- Trekking poles
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Sunblock cream
- Tourists must have a medical insurance policy with coverage of USD 30,000.
- The conditions of the road to the Altyn-Arashan Gorge make it necessary to use a 4WD car or a cross country vehicle (so called truckbus)
- Each porter carries 20kg of commercial weight. Any additional weight in excess of this will be charged at a rate of USD 3 per 1kg.