Climbing Yukhin Peak
Best season: July 15 – August 25
Duration: 9 Days
Highly recommended: All tourists must have medical insurance for the particular activities with a minimum coverage of USD 35 000.
Border permit is required and must be arranged preliminary. Paper work takes 5-6 weeks.
Yukhina peak (5130m) is the best mountain for beginners; this is the ascent not trekking trip. Climbing route considers as being technically easy, and it is required to be in a good physical fit and proper acclimatization during the trip. From the top you will see massive snow wall of Lenin peak on the one hand and Alay valley on the other.
Scheme of standard program Osh-Osh
1st Day. Arrive in Osh
Arrival to Osh city, airport meeting and transfer to the hotel. After taking a rest, you can have a walk around the city and visit bazaars.
2nd Day. Osh – Achik-Tash
Transfer to Achik-Tash is right after the breakfast on agreed time, driving time takes up to 6-7 hours with stopping for a lunch on the way there. The Base Camp is located near the river; the transport will take you right to the camp. Dinner and overnight will be organized in Tent Camps.
3rd Day. Base Camp 3700m
Acclimatization and radial trekking. Full board in Base Camp
4th Day. Base Camp – Advanced Base camp
Breakfast. Trekking to ABC (4200m) takes about 5 hours. Rest and overnight in tent camp.
5th Day. Advanced Base Camp – Yukhina peak
Ascent to Yukhina peak, it takes approximately 4 hours. After that, we return back to the camp for having a rest in ABC at 4200m.
6th Day. Advanced base Camp 4200m
Reserve day in case of bad weather.
7th Day. Advanced Base Camp 4200 – Base Camp 3700
Descent to Base Camp, you will receive the Certificate of Ascending given by our camp manager, dinner and overnight in Base Camp.
8th Day. Achik-Tash – Osh
The transport to Osh will arrive after the breakfast. You will be able to do shopping and have some rest until then. Overnight in a hotel.
9th Day. Departure
Airport transfer, flight home.
Conditions and notes:
1. Prices are valid for groups booked and paid 8 weeks before arrival or earlier; in case of late booking and payment (less than 8 weeks) extra charges for formalities will cost $70 per person
2. If the expedition group prefers to send mountaineering gear/outfit to Bishkek or Osh in advance, ITMC can arrange customs clearance and provide delivery to Osh.
For more details please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices 2022 – USD 350 per person
Service included in standard program Osh-Osh:
· Visa support (if required)
· Registration in passport department OVIR (if required)
· Border permit and delivery the permit to Osh or Base Camp
· Registration in local Rescue Service
· Certificate of ascent issued by Kyrgyz Alpine Club
· Domestic flight Bishkek-Osh-Bishkek (way back)
· Airport transfers in Osh
· Transfers Osh – Achik-Tash (Base Camp) – Osh *)
– – in Osh: Hotel 3* – for 2 nights (including breakfast)
– – in Base Camp: tents on double sharing basis + warm mattresses
– – in Advanced Base Camp: tents on double sharing
· Full board in the Base Camp (3700m)
· Full board in Advanced Base Camp (4200m)
· Summer Shower and Russian Baths in Base Camp
· Outdoor toilet
· Storage service
· Electricity supply / Solar panels in Base Camp and Advanced Base Camp to charge batteries
· Mess tent / Yurt in the Base Camp (3700m) & Advanced Base Camp (4200m)
· Ascent / Route consultation of experienced Guides
· Assistance in changing flight tickets (if necessary). You will only be charged with an airline company fees.
Service available at extra payment (not included in standard programs):
· Domestic flight Bishkek-Osh-Bishkek US $120
Note: Kyrgyz Airlines reserves the
right to change air fare without a prior notice.
· Accommodation in Bishkek:
Hotel 3*, standard twin/double room US$ 70-85, standard single room US$ 45-50 incl. breakfast
Note: Prices for Hotels 2*, 4*, 5*, Guest
Houses and Apartments are available by request.
in Osh and Bishkek
Service available at extra payment in Base Camp and in Advanced Base Camp:
· Camping gas (propane / butane), screw type: US$ 9 per new canister (230gr), US$ 6/refilled canister
Note: Empty canisters have to be returned to the Base Camp
· Mountain Guides (incl. guide’s meals and gear): USD 1020 per programme
· Horses (BC to ABC, 4200m): US$ 3 per kg
· Porterage service
· Rent of satellite phone to take for ascent (safety deposit of $ 400 is required): US$ 25 per day (Extra charge for Thuraya airtime). Use of sat phone in ABC is free of charge, but you will be responsible to pay for calls and SMS: US$ 4 / minute, US$ 2 / sms.