Season: July – August
Scheme of the programme
Day 1. International flight to Bishkek. Arrive early in the morning. Meet at Airport. Transfer to the Hotel. Rest. Afternoon city sightseeing tour in Bishkek: Philharmonic Society, Ala-Too Square, Victory Square, Handicraft Shops, Osh bazaar, Fine Arts Museum. Overnight at Hotel. Meals: No
Day 2. Transfer from Bishkek to Karakol (400km, 7 hours drive). On the way excursion to the XII Century Burana Tower. Overnight in Hotel. Meals: B – –
Day 3. Transfer to At-Djailoo at an altitude of 2500m (200km, 6 hours drive). Circular trek. Acclimatization.Tent Camp. Meals: B L D
Day 4. Trekking to Inylchek Glacier at an altitude of 2900m (approximately 5 hours trekking). Tent Camp. Meals:B L D
Day 5. Trekking towards the Merzbacher Glade (6-7 hours). Tent Camp. Meals: B L D
Day 6. Continue trekking (6-7 hours). Overnight at the Merzacher Glade at an altitude of 3380m. Tent Camp. Meals:B L D
Day 7. Circular trek to the Merzbacher Lake at an altitude of 3300m. Tent Camp. Meals: B L D
Day 8. Continue trekking along the Inylchek Glacier up to the start of the Shokalsky Glacier or Komsomolsky Glacier at an altitude of 4100m (7-8 hours trekking). Tent Camp. Meals: B L D
Day 9. Trekking to the Khan-Tengry Base Camp (4000m). Tent Camp. Meals: B L D
Day 10. Rest Day or circular trek to near the base of Khan-Tengry Peak. Reserve day for helicopter flight. Tent Camp. Meals:B L D
Day 11. Helicopter flight to Maida-Adyr Camp or Karkara Camp (20 minute flight). Vehicle transfer to Cholpon-Ata on the northern shore of Lake Issyk-Kul . Overnight in Guest House. Meals:B L –
Day 12. Transfer to Bishkek (260km, 4 hours drive). Overnight in Hotel. Meals:B – –
Day 13. Check-out. Transfer to Airport. Departure by international flight. Meals: B – –
B –Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner
Group of 2 people – USD 3075 per person
Group of 4 people – USD 2400 per person
Group of 5 people – USD 2175 per person
Group of 6 people – USD 2090 per person
Group of 7 people – USD 1980 per person
Single supplement – USD 164 per person per programme (in Bishkek, Karakol and Issyk-kul only)
Prices include the following services:
- English speaking Mountain Guide for trekking
- Cook for trek
- Porters to carry food and kitchen utensils only
- Twin bedroom accommodation in the Hotels
- Tent accommodation based on two people sharing one tent.
- Meals: according to the programme itinerary above; Full board during the trek and at Lake Issyk-Kul, Breakfast in the Hotels
- Land transport as stated in the programme (Airport-Airport)
- Shared helicopter flight from Khan-Tengry Base Camp to Maida-Adyr Camp or Karkara for clients and Guide
- Border permit
- Excursions and entrance fees
Additional services available at extra cost:
- Porters to carry personal belongings – USD 440 per porter per programme
- Kyrgyz visa support (if required) – USD 30 per person
- Kyrgyz visa fee (if required) – USD 70 per person
- OVIR registration – USD 15 per person
- Lunches and/or Dinners in Karakol and Bishkek – approx. USD 7-15 per person per meal
List of Equipment:
- Trekking shoes or boots
- Trekking poles
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Sunblock cream
1. Each porter carries15kg of commercial weight. Any additional weight in excess of this is charged at a rate of USD 3 per 1kg.
2. Tourists must have a medical insurance policy with coverage of USD 40,000.
Notes regarding Helicopter Flight:
1. Helicopters in the Inylchek glacier area are available from July 5th until August 31st.
2. The Helicopter flight schedule will be finally confirmed by May 2017. As the programme includes shared helicopter flights, the flight day and date should be chosen according to the finalized Helicopter flight schedule.
3. Every passenger on the helicopter flight can take up to 30kg of luggage without extra charges.
4. The Helicopter flight to Maidaadyr can be changed for a flight to Karkara, this does not influence or change the itinerary day plan or cost of the programme.