Scheme of standard program Bishkek-Bishkek:
Arrival in Bishkek. Transfer to Hotel. Rest. City sightseeing, shopping and preparations.
|2.||Transfer to Naryn via Burana tower (X-XI century). Overnight in Guest House.||Baktygul Guest House|
|3.||Early morning transfer from Naryn to Torugart Border Post (200km, 4 hours drive). The altitude at the Torugart Border Post is approx. 3600m.
Border formalities. Further transfer from Tourgat Border Post to Kashgar (approx. 180km, 7 hours drive). Check into 3* Hotel.
Please note: Groups are not allowed to stop at any point between the Border Post and the Customs Area as this is a military zone with strict restrictions.
Road conditions are suitable for minibus transport, the road between the Customs Area and Kashgar is reasonable.
|4.||Kashgar – Subash Village (200km). Along the famous Silk Road to the shores of Lake Karakul, near the desert plains on the edge of the Takla Makan Desert.||Tent|
|5.||Subash Village – Base Camp. Walk to Base Camp (altitude 4350m). Use of camels to transport equipment.||Tent|
|6-19.||14 days are available to climb Mustag Ata. The rate and itinerary for ascent and staging of camps should allow for acclimatization, including rest days. The location of the final camp is at 6400m. Camping and climbing equipment must be carried between group participants and the group is responsible for establishing their own camps. All nights are in tents. There is a Mess Tent at Base Camp and Base Camp Staff that can prepare food.||Tent|
|20.||Groups dismantle any remaining camps on mountain. Return to Base Camp. Overnight at the Base Camp.||Tent|
|21.||Preparations for departure. Trek down with camels. Meet vehicle and drivers. Transfer to Kashgar.||3* Hotel|
|22.||Depart for the Torugart Pass (altitude 3800m) by car or jeep. The distance from Kashgar to the Torugart Pass is about 180km. It normally takes approximately 1 hour to get through Customs, then a further 3 hour drive to the Border. The road from Kashgar to the Customs Area is highway. From the Customs Area to the Border is a dirt road that is usually passable by bus. However there can be flooding during August which can affect road conditions. A packed lunch is provided.
Transfer to Naryn (200km, 4 hours drive).
|Baktygul Guest House|
|23.||Breakfast in Guest House. Vehicle transfer to Bishkek (350km, 6 hours). Overnight in 3* Hotel.||3* Hotel|
|24.||International flight from Bishkek.||–|
Note: Duration of programme can be changed by request.
2 people – USD 3065 per person
4 people – USD 2595 per person
6 people – USD 2540 per person
8 people – USD 2080 per person
Service included in standard programme:
- All land transport in China and Kyrgyzstan;
- All necessary camel porterage of equipment (each camel carries 80kg);
- Liaison officer and translator in China (mandatory);
- Chinese cook, workers, kitchen utensils;
- Chinese Visa support;
- All permits and registration fees for Mt Muztagh Ata
- Full board from Kashgar to Subash and on return from Subash to Kashgar
- Full board at Base Camp – 8 days;
– – in Bishkek: 3* Hotel, including Breakfast – 3 nights
– – in Kashgar: 3* Hotel, including Breakfast – 2 nights
– – in Naryn: Guest House including Breakfast – 2 nights
Services available at additional cost (not included in the programme price):
- International airfare and airport taxes
- Chinese and Kyrgyz Visa fee
- Insurance and medical evacuation charges
- Extra meals at Base Camp in China (for any in addition to the included 8 days)
- Meals in Kyrgyzstan in the Ala-Archa Gorge
- Meals en-route in Kyrgyzstan
- Extra days at higher camps on Mustag Ata (without meals)
- Tents for accommodation in Base Camp and for ascent – USD 15 per person per tent (two people sharing)
- Gas canisters (screw type Butan-Propan, 230g) – USD 10 per unit (necessary to order in advance prior to expedition departure)
- Sleeping bags and personal clothing/equipment, climbing equipment
- English speaking local guide in Kyrgyzstan
- Guide for ascent
- Porter service
Conditions and notes:
- Tourists that require a Kyrgyz Visa must have a Double Entry Kyrgyz Visa.
- Climbers are responsible for their own ascent, including ascent itinerary, tactics, planning and camps.
- It is necessary to have personal mountaineering gear for ascents.
- All necessary food (meat, vegetables, cereal, bread, butter, sugar, milk, tea etc) in the Base Camp in China is provided. However it is desirable to have appropriate high-altitude food for days of ascent.
- The Torugart Border Post is closed at weekends and on Kyrgyz and Chinese Holidays. The Border crossing must occur on a weekday that is not a holiday.
- All climbers must have medical insurance with a minimum cover of USD 40,000 that includes search and rescue and emergency helicopter evacuation. The insurance must cover China and Kyrgystan.
ITMC insistently advises all participants of hiking, climbing and mountaineering to be aware of and accept possible risks of personal injury or death that might be caused by the afore mentioned activities. Participants should be responsible for their own actions and involvement.
For more information firstname.lastname@example.org