In the mountains of Kyrgyzstan rescue missions are conducted by Mountain Rescue Service, an organization based in Bishkek. Specialized mountain rescue teams are equipped with up-to-date gear, and helicopter is available for emergency transportation. Teams consist of professional rescuers and experienced mountain guides of high level. Missions are conducted on mountain relief of various difficulty levels, on any altitudes and routes, including ones in very remote areas. Medical assistance is available in kind of first aid during missions and hospital care after it.
The only term to start rescue mission is availability of written payment guarantee. Without guarantee of payment rescue mission cannot start. One of such guarantees can be the following:
– Medical insurance policy which covers particular mountain activity and country (mountaineering or other adventure activity in Kyrgyzstan)
– Bank guarantee or guarantee of any other solvent organization (embassy, company etc)
– Agreement (preliminary signed)
Mountain Rescue Service in Kyrgyzstan is an organization accredited by the Ministry for Emergency Situations KR to conduct mountain rescue missions according to the local regulation.
Who operates mountain rescue missions in Kyrgyzstan?
According to local legislation first of all it is quick reaction groups (QRG) in the Ministry for Emergency Situations (MES) of Kyrgyz Republic. Being impartial it is necessary to mention that quality and promptness of these groups in case of mountain rescue need is far from efficiency level. If other options are available, preferably use them and do not apply to the MES to safe time and nerves.
Contacts of the Ministry for Emergency Situations KR:
|MES KR||11 Mominovoi Street, Osh, Kyrgyzstan|
2/1 A.Tokonalieva Street, Bishkek 720055, Kyrgyzstan
|Officer on-duty:||Tel.: +996 (3222) 21844
Fax: +996 (3222) 56077
|Press Service:||Tel.:+996 (3222) 76310 Osh|
|Tel.: +996 (312) 545280 Bishkek
Tel. mobile: +996 (770) 223136
Local tour operators and public organizations also establish temporary mountain rescue groups in popular climbing areas – Lenin Peak, South Inylchek Glacier, Karavshin and others – as well as in mountain areas during mountaineering events and programs.
– Rescue missions in the mountains on relief of various difficulty levels and on various altitudes (search, rescue, transportation, first aid)
– Medical assistance during rescue mission and after it, including therapy in the hospitals
– Repatriation of injured persons to the place of residence or medical treatment
– Repatriation of the deceased to the burial place
– Formalities arrangements
– Rent of specialized technical gear, means of communication (radio stations, satellite phones, avalanche transceivers and other)
– Transportation to the remote mountain areas by 4-6 WD cross country vehicles
– Air evacuation (by helicopter)
What to do to be sure in case of emergency rescue mission starts promptly and efficiently?
Before your trips starts:
Contact the Mountain Rescue Service by e-mail or fax and submit copy of medical insurance policy or any other guarantee of payment as well as details of your trip – itinerary, dates, group details and scheme of communication during the trip. We recommend to make registration 2 weeks prior arrival at Kyrgyzstan.
By arrival in Kyrgyzstan:
Present original medical insurance policy or other guarantee of payment
After the trip ends:
Please inform us about safe return home at the end of your trip.