Mountain Hollow Suusamyr is located between two mountain ranges: Kyrgyz Range from the north and SuusamyrToo from the south. The height of the valley is 2200-2600m with peaks up to 4500 m. The uniqueness of the area consists of a huge choice of slopes with different exposures, length and difference of altitudes (up to 1200 m).
Ski yurt camp in Terskey Alatoo Mountains is located at the altitude 2700m in Ak-Suu gorge (8 km far from Karakol town). It consists of several Kyrgyz yurts (national traditional dwelling) and removable hot sauna. Delivery by snowmobiles to the most interesting slopes (ca. 7 km per day) is included in the programme price. The highest point of skiing is 3800 m above sea level, altitude differences are up to 800m.
Advantages of ski touring in Suusamyr and Altyn-Arashan Gorge include:
– stable, windless weather,
– stable snow cover from early November till late March
– snow cover up to 2,5 meters deep
– altitude difference of descent up to 800 m
– good possibility to get extra service: snowmobile delivery, etc.
– great experience to share Kyrgyz traditional live style in the mountains.
Scheme of programme
|1.||Early morning arrival in Bishkek. Transfer to Suusamyr (160 km – 3 hours of driving). Acclimatization, Skiing from the nearest slopes.||Ski base
|2-3.||Ski touring from new slopes.||Ski base
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
|4.||After breakfast half of the day is free for ski tour. Afternoon transfer to Bishkek.||Guest House
|5.||Breakfast in guest house, transfer by minibus up to Ak-Suu village (415 km – 8 hours of driving). Transfer by snowmobiles further to the mountains to the yurt camp in Ak-Suu gorge.||Yurt Inn
|6-8.||Ski touring from new slopes.||Yurt Inn
Breakfast, lunch, dinner
|9.||After breakfast transfer by snowmobiles to the village and further by minibus to Bishkek.||Guest House
|10.||Early morning transfer to the airport.||–
Note: Tour duration can be changed according to clients’ plans and interests.
Group – Price per person per programme
4 + 1 persons – USD 865
6 + 1 persons – USD 860
8 + 1 persons – USD 790
10+1 persons – USD 740
Single supplement in guest houses only – USD 110 per person per programme
Programme price includes:
- Tour leader – free of charge
- Registration in local Rescue Service
- All transfers according to the programme by Mercedes Sprinter minibuses (15-17 seats)
- Transfer by snowmobiles and delivery of personal belongings (30 kg per person)
- Twin/triple accommodation in guest houses and ski base
- 5-6 people accommodation in a yurt
- Meals: Full board in ski base and yurt camp. Breakfasts in guest houses as mentioned above
Conditions and notes:
1. Mountain guides or clients choose routes for skiing by themselves according to the group physical training, weather and snow conditions.
2. Tourists provide personal ski outfit for the programme by themselves.
4. If the group prefers to send ski gear/outfit to Bishkek in advance, ITMC can arrange customs clearance. For more details please contact us.
5. All group members must have medical insurance(including helicopter evacuation) with a minimum coverage of USD 35 000.
For more information firstname.lastname@example.org